SUMMARY
CA Gen is a Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) application development environment marketed by CA Technologies. Previously known as IEF (Information Engineering Facility), Composer by IEF, Composer, COOL:Gen, Advantage:Gen and AllFusion Gen.  CA Gen applications are usually substantial in size and accumulate complex business logic.  A lack of skilled resources, limited integration and high costs have led to considerable challenges around maintaining CA Gen. 
 
Most organizations spend nearly 75 percent of their developmentWeb Advisor_White Pages resources to simply maintain these existing applications, leaving only 25 percent of development resource time to strategize solutions that deliver value to their business. 

Modern Systems' whitepaper, 'When CA Gen Isn't COOl Anymore' addresses
the business case, the challenges, and the solution for moving CA Gen to a modern environment.

Ideal audiences for this document include:
  • Technical managers seeking to end dependency on CA COOL Gen
  • CIOs looking to streamline systems and add efficiencies
  • CFOs looking to dramatically reduce license spend associated with legacy systems
  • Line of Business (LOB) managers looking to integrate platforms for better service levels and performance 
  • Business analysts seeking to leverage data analytics and/or business intelligence to gain competitive advantage